So, Thursday night I went out for a few hours...I'm not 22 anymore that's for sure..and while I was having a great time reminiscing with old friends I got a flurry of frantic calls on both my phones. I figured something was up, so I stepped outside to answer one of the many calls...it was a co-w0rker from the school stating that one of our resident students was in crisis and presented suicidal. I explained that I was not the Supervisor on Duty for the night, but would notify my staff and UPD. A series of phone calls and 20 minutes later, I reintered the pub and lost the desire to have a good time since I knew things were crazy at school and I was worried about how things were going. I continued to hang out until 3am and then headed home. The incident was still in swing, so I asked my RLC if she needed assistance. She text back, "Stand-by" so I jumped in the shower and ate something and waited. I received a phone call with the all clear and debriefed with the staff on what had happened. It was a really late night...finally got to bed around 5:30am. I slept for a few hours and was back at work the next day. I had one-on-ones scheduled for most of the day and then Room Changes from 6:30-10:30pm. It was a long day and by 7pm I was a blithering idiot...I was so tired I couldn't speak in cohearent sentences and was making dumb mistakes on simple tasks. While highly amusing to my kiddos, I was beginning to get grouchy and frustrated with them. So, needless to say, I was in bed and knocked out by 11:45pm. Super early for me...but I did get to finally sleep. Except for the 8 phone calls from my RAs who were on duty (I am superviosr on duty this weekend). We had a hot water pipe leaking in on of the halls, a girl took too much cold medicine and was freaking out, and a few lock-outs and other minor maintenance issues. So, I was up again early today. I wanted to be productive, but today was a bust...I had no motivation to do really do anything i had planned. I tried organizing the chaotic mess that I "live" in but that wasn't working. So I decided to go workout instead. I have come to the conclusion that I need new shoes...the old tennis have served their purpose, but they are old, stinky, non-supportive, and need to GO! Maybe tomorrow I can run and get some new ones--hahaha. Anyway, so I was at the gym for an hour and then it was off to drop some things off for Nat...then right back into the office for more Room Changes. And so here I sit...waiting for disaster to strike. I love my job!
On a positive note: my crazy sisters are coming down (sans significant others) for a girls' weekend in April! I am super excited! No one ever comes to see me :P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow...and I thought my day way rough! I'm glad you got a workout in, that always seems to fix whatever is going on in my little world. I can't wait to see you in April! Love you Missa!
Post a Comment